I had this song turn up on my mp3 player whilst out on a run last week. When I am at 19 miles, the title kind of says it all. I feel like giving in. But never mind, vive la France!
Thursday, 28 February 2013
Back on track.
Week 11, day 4. Crikey its been a whole month since my last post. We have all been ill in our house. Flu and colds going around meaning training schedules had to be put on hold. I was in bed for a week, and then needed another week to get my energy back, doing low mileage jogging. Up to that point I had been doing pretty well with upping the distance of my weekly long run. I have now run an 18 miler and two 20 milers, which all proved tough to complete. I seem to be ok up to about 16/17 miles, and then the legs become really tired and it all becomes a right struggle, even when I am force feeding myself with energy gels and flap jacks and jelly beans! I think the training is working though. Last weekend I ran the Weston Tough Ten, a ten mile race which I also entered last year. This year my time was 7 minutes quicker, so I have definitely improved over the last 12 months. Paris doesn't seem very far away now. The next 3 weeks involve 2 long runs and plenty of extra mileage, and then there will be 3 weeks of tapering- lowering the mileage and recovering in preparation for the real thing!
I had this song turn up on my mp3 player whilst out on a run last week. When I am at 19 miles, the title kind of says it all. I feel like giving in. But never mind, vive la France!
I had this song turn up on my mp3 player whilst out on a run last week. When I am at 19 miles, the title kind of says it all. I feel like giving in. But never mind, vive la France!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment