Week 5 day 1. Yesterday I ran my longest run so far- 16.5 miles. I wasn't sure how it would go, because I have felt tired all week from last Sunday's Herepath Half. However, I am pleased to say that I went the distance without any trouble. It was a beautiful, freezing, sunny day, which made the whole run an enjoyable experience. I headed off across the levels listening to Bad Brains, then Jelly Roll Morton, then Deerhoof, then The New York Dolls. I love random play!
Keeping going was not difficult- I just settled into an easy rhythm, kept breathing, and listened to the tunes. I drank water whenever I felt thirsty, and had an energy gel every 3 miles. I was tired when I tramped past The Sheppey Inn at mile 13, but happy in the knowledge that I would return there later for a pint. Sundays were meant for this!
No comments:
Post a Comment