Week 4, day 2. No run today. My schedule says I should run 5 miles, but I need a rest. The last 2 weeks have been pretty tiring, and this morning after only being up for 2 hours my body started to protest. At 8.30 I took L to school as usual, with J in tow. On returning home J and me spent an hour doing activity books at the kitchen table which was fine, but then it had to be the goggle box I'm afraid. This afternoon we went out and about on the scooter for 2 hours, then when M came home from work I had to lie down for another 2. The Xmas and New Year period requires stamina as it is, without adding 25 miles a week onto it! I am living proof that accumulating mileage and alcoholic units simultaneously can lead to engine failure.
Mind you, I did 2 good long runs. Last Sunday was a 10 miler down in Devon, then this week gone I participated in the inaugural Herepath Half Marathon trail run. It was lush! 7 miles running up into the Blackdown Hills, then 7 miles running back down. Beautiful wild scenery at the top. No rain for a change, but it was very, very muddy. At one point I slipped and fell flat on my face, which was quite alarming. It was then I realised that the sticky stuff underfoot was only 50% mud. The rest cow pat.
A random thought for the day from J:
'Daddy did you know that a long, long, long time ago cats used to lay eggs?'
No comments:
Post a Comment