Thursday, 20 December 2012

Give me all your money!

Week 1, day 4. Ooh my sore legs- I think I need a rest. How fortunate then, that today is officially my first rest day! This gives me the opportunity to relay to you the fine and noble purpose of my running quest. No, I am not just running the Paris Marathon to get fit, or to big myself up in the eyes of my legions of Facebook and Twitter followers. Of course not! Why would anyone do that? Instead, I am trying to raise a bit of money for what I consider to be a really good cause:

MIND is the national mental health charity that provides advice and support to anyone who has a mental health problem. It does this online, on the phone, and in numerous regional drop-in centres. MIND also campaigns on a range of issues, such as stigma, that could affect anybody with a mental health problem. 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem during the course of a year, so we can all benefit from the service that MIND provides. If you are interested in finding out more about MIND, then here is a link for you...
http://www.mind.org.uk/

So, I would love it and be really grateful if you could make a donation to this fantastic and essential organisation- via my VirginMoneyGiving Page. Any amount, large or small, will be greedily accepted, and you will even receive a salutary e-mail from the runner himself. Merci beaucoup!
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=AndyNation&faId=274861&isTeam=false  

No comments:

Post a Comment