Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Slowly jogging...

Week 1, day 2. I caught the running bug 2 years ago, and have built up my mileage slowly. 5-10 miles a week for the first year, moving up to 15-20 miles a week this year. Today I went out and jogged for 3 1/2 miles. This felt ok, after the really short 1 1/2 miles yesterday. I am building up gradually this week, to be ready for a 12 mile run on Sunday. I can manage this sort of distance fairly well, coz although I have not run a full marathon before, I have run 4 half marathons this year. Yo, give me a peanut, eh? The big leap for me is going to be the amount of miles I have to run each week in training. This marathon malarkey means that in the next 16 weeks my mileage is going to leap up to 30-40. It might be too much for me, so I will just have to listen to what my body says and make sure I don't over do it.

As for writing this blog, I am going to try my best to make it more than just an account of weather conditions and miles run. How boring would that be? Instead I will attempt to fill it with witty banter, words of wisdom and facts that you never realised you needed to know. Actually, this will be harder to do than the running. But throw me a bone wontcha? For example, did you know that one of the runniest tunes I listened to on my mp3 player whilst out running today was this? It has an ace throbbing rhythm, perfect for pounding pavements. Incidentally, I do not advocate running down to Union Square to score drugs, now or at any time. Especially whilst training to run a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment